Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 12:15 PM
Master Fan

"Gabby" 9x16 Episode Discussion {Airs 02/26 @ 10pm}

Episode 9x16 - "Gabby"

Preview:

When a 4-year-old girl goes missing while staying with a relative in Mississippi, the BAU uncovers some startling truths as the team races to find the child and bring her to safety, on CRIMINAL MINDS, at a special time, Wednesday, Feb. 26 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT).
SachaS44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you Sacha you are the best ! This ep is Directed by Thomas Gibson!!

Last edited by Logan; 02-24-2014 at 04:41 PM
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Very intense and lots of twists in this episode ,

Hotch gets bitched slapped Dam

Stare that will burn a whole thru you DAM

Really lioked the twists in this ep, never onve did you suspect the "innocnet teenanger" of doing al this . Creppy boyfriend face all burned up. Hotch was on fire intense and angry .. Dont mess with Hotch when he is angry

clip from the middle of episode

Last edited by Logan; 02-27-2014 at 04:55 PM
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 01:26 PM
Master Fan

I finally saw the episode.

Good episode in my opinion.

I have a question/comment. When Sue gets out of the car at the beginning of the episode, we see her hesitate for a moment and then we see her run into the store. We do not see her standing outside of the store for those two minutes that JJ pointed out. I even went back and watched the beginning of the episode to make sure. So are we to assume that what we saw when she ran into the store was after the child was taken and that there was a gap from when we saw her close the window to her running into the store?

I never actually suspected Sue in the beginning. I really thought that she was innocent, though I thought that she may have a drug problem from the way that she talked and looked.

I'm happy that Gabby was found safe and alive because that has got to be a terrible thing for a family to have to go through.

I swear I was getting teary eyed at Garcia's reaction to founding out the info that she did and Morgan calling her at the end just had me in tears at how happy she was. It was perfect!
Old 03-05-2014, 02:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes If I remember she parked , got out cracked the window , then it switched to her coming into the store in a hurry .. Hel ls she acted so upset screaming ...

in the end Morgan showing garcia,via face time, the reunion of the mother and child !!!
Old 03-06-2014, 07:13 AM
Master Fan

Even before the team mentioned it, I found it so suspicious that she would park in the corner where there was no light. Forget about waking up the kid, I have to agree with JJ, any mother would park right in front of the store where it is lit and you can see the car from the inside of the store.
Old 03-08-2014, 05:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

JJ knows .. But they kept you guessing . Thought the really obese woman who was buying kids was funny
Old 03-08-2014, 08:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Logan (View Post)
JJ knows .. But they kept you guessing . Thought the really obese woman who was buying kids was funny
I didn't really think it's funny. I guess it's because I have read about stuff happening like that and it's just sad. These poor kids get adopted and then are given away because they are no longer wanted. It's a sad reality that it happens.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well it seemed like a stereotype ..
Old 03-09-2014, 12:02 PM
Master Fan

That I understand. They always make the people fit the stereotype. I guess if you go by just the character herself and not the whole situation, then yes she was kind of funny.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:02 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SachaS44 (View Post)
I didn't really think it's funny. I guess it's because I have read about stuff happening like that and it's just sad. These poor kids get adopted and then are given away because they are no longer wanted. It's a sad reality that it happens.
I remember reading the interview with Thomas way back where he mentioned a film that he was directing an episode... a topic that is relevant but not mainstream. That episode being this one.

Then not too long after this episode airs I saw an article on yahoo about this exact topic

Special Report: Girl harbored dark secret, fearing she'd be sent away
Marilyn
|Sweet Disposition| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:59 PM
Master Fan

It's just sad that this happens in real life. I know the shows gets it's ideas from real world problems and that is just depressing. I really can't stand people that would hurt a child and that's usually the reason why they take kids being offered like that.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

I did wonder how the van owner knew that Gabby Hoffer was left in the van when Aunt Sue Walsh went in the store for some groceries. I had a question on the van that grabbed Gabby. It looked to me in the cam and by the turn signals that it was a Chevy Venture, like painter Ian Little owned, then the 2003 Dodge Caravan that Michelle Fader and her bf Michael Fien owned. I own a 2003 Chrysler Town and Country and it has the same lights as the Caravan. Unless Ian grabbed Gabby and then delivered her to Fader. In the family picture that Garcia found of Fader and Fien, and Hotch said he looked like a bad character, well Michelle's look wasn't a smile, it was more of a sneer!

Hotch really went after both Ian Little and Sue Walsh in interrogation. But he has a kid and knows how parents feel when they are lost or stolen. Sue definitely went from worried to mean fast when Hotch confronted her about selling Gabby. Then she slapped him. wow!

The twist of Sue clobbering father Doug over the head. Then toasted Ian burned his body and dumped his body in a bag in the river. Even partly burned he still had to weigh at least 150 lb wouldn't he? Ian dumped him pretty easily. I know it was supposed to make you think it was Gabby's body. But I was with Detective Tia Canning, why keep the broken vase? True neighbor Daphne always seemed to be at the dumpster, but there were other trash cans or the river? It was the smoking gun to the death. Finger prints and blood from both her and Doug. But if she was really smart she wouldn't have killed Doug and sold Gabby, right?

Garcia found Ian Little's connection by checking her cell phone. Again, wouldn't she know better? "Uhh no I don't know Ian Little" But she has had tons of calls from him, duh???

But I did suspect the neighbor Daphne, and the father Doug Hoffer and even the bf Rodney Baderson since his name was mentioned for Kate's trip.

But Garcia finding the online chat about kid problems was lucky. The use of Library Computers was one that I to thought of when they found Sue's house devoid of electronics. I am surprised that they delete all evidence of use every evening. At our local library they have quite a firewall on it to keep you off questionable sites. So I am surprised they would delete it all to "protect" patrons privatcies

Team dynamics on this episode was pretty even. Reid may have been the least. He stayed mostly at the local headquarters. But all put in their ideas on what is happening. The local Police were out canvasing, but they did no profile and only really worked with Detective Tia Canning. But it is nice to not have all the local cops be clueless on things.

It was sweet at end for Morgan to show Garcia that Gabby and family had a happy ending. The other 2 saved kids weren't quite as lucky. But I would think their families would be brought in for questioning. I also hope that this website and those like it will be monitored by some agency from now on. Also have legislation wrote up to make it a crime.

I kinda felt bad for Sue loosing her parents and then Kate Hoffer's family taking her in and Kate's dad sexually abusing her. Kate don't believe it, and Hotch got her mind off it quick. But instead of taking it out on Kate and Gabby, go after the father when you turn 18. How did Doug know where Gabby was? And she lost her dad which will haunt her for along time.

Last edited by webruce; 06-26-2014 at 11:24 AM Reason: spelling error.
webruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hotch when given the right case and knows he can get to a suspect . He can really turn up the "heat". Been 2 months since I saw the ep . Never forget the slap and the innocent looking babysitter all of a sudden turn bad
Reply   Post New Thread